Monday, July 14, 2008

My Josh - Bombing in the Bronx

What Josh Hamilton has just done is nothing short of amazing! In the usually mundane and uneventful “batting practice” known as the Home Run Derby, Hamilton has done something never done before. Not only did he hit 28 Home Runs in the first round, many of them were absolute bombs. I don’t even care what he does from here on out, whether he winds up the champ or not, just the fact that he displayed that kind of power for that amount of time was simply awesome. It is well documented about his past after being drafted 1st overall in 1999 and his struggles about his drug use and spending his $3.96 million signing bonus on crack and alcohol. For him to not only be a potential triple crown candidate All Star and potentially a Home Run Derby champ but to even be alive is one of the greatest stories in sport. I was in awe with probably everybody else in Yankee Stadium. In a park that already has all sorts of history it is just fitting in the last All Star Game in New York having Hamilton make even more history. Way to go Josh, keep this unbelievable season going.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hamilton is amazing, just a machine. He is my new favourite player and last night was sick. Good for him putting on such a display, and having a Canadian win, it's a double bonus. I will point out to your good readers that I called a Morneau victory even after Hamilton's 28 dingers in the first round. Ex.

Anonymous said...

28 home runs?
I can do that.


I just don't want to.