Friday, August 01, 2008

Around The Horn

LPGA Hall of Famer Annika Sorenstam has called out Michelle Wie for playing with the men and skipping the British Open. I can’t be any clearer then Annika: "You know, I really don’t know why Michelle continues to do this," Sorenstam said. "I mean, we have a major this week, and if you can’t qualify for a major, I don’t see any reason why you should play with the men."
This princess has to quit the sideshow..we are all tired of it and now the players are vocal about it too!

NASCAR apologised for the tire debacle last Sunday.
Nice that they admitted the mistake but a little too little a little too late. Where do I get my refund for the 4 hours I invested into that gong show?

Maria Sharapova withdrew from the Rogers Open after her 2nd round victory.
I am glad she did, take the time now to rest up so I have a reason to watch tennis at the Olympics.

Olympics 8 8 08
It is almost that time where we get to watch gymnastics and not feel dirty after, well except after the floor routine, though Stewie Griffin would like to remind everyone that it is absolutely not gay.

It is week 6 or so of the CFL Schedule
Does anybody know how anyone in the league is doing and does it even matter until November? Not so much

Blackhawks name Scotty Bowman as a Senior Advisor, Hockey Operations
Seems like that may have been a good title for him to have in Toronto, had they again not screwed things up. Leafs suck.

Brett Farve has reportedly been offered up to $20 Million to stay retired.
1. Why would you work if someone gave you that kind of cash to not work
2. Ricky Williams had to pay almost half that not to play
Brett, go Steve Miller Band on this...Go on, take the money and run!


Jonathan Roy was charged with assault from his fighting/beat down incident in March during a QMJHL game.
How does it take some 4 months before this decision was made to go ahead with criminal charges? I thought this was done with. I guess rogue fists are more frowned upon then stick swinging infractions or skate stomping

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for letting me know the CFL is underway. This is why I read this blog -- it informs me every day. I get my football fix these days from watching NFL Network, and couldn't care less about the Crappy Football League.
Also, Michelle Wie used to be respectable, but give it up with the playing with me. That is retarded. Just focus on not shooting 80s in the LPGA. I am calling it here first: She will be a washed up, toredown Playboy model in the next 10 years.